Saturday, 6 August 2011
The challenge starts on 8 August and ends on 14 November - 100 days - and everyone sets their own goals. My goal is to weigh less than 60 kg and to have run more than 250 km. That is an average of 18 km per week. Spread out on 3 running sessions every week that is totally doable.
Yay, this is exciting :-)
Friday, 5 August 2011
I am a regular on the cross country service but this time I brought my own food. Very excited about coming home again after a week without a scale. Wonder if the scale will show results already? Feels like it, I have been quite disciplined in spite of some emergency food the other day. I wont weigh myself until tomorrow but it will be difficult to stay away...
Wednesday, 3 August 2011
How I will lose weight:
- Running 3 times per week / 300 - 500 kcal burned per running session
- Daily calorie intake of 1500 calories /
- Restricted carb intake / <50 g carbs daily
- Eat 3 regular meals and no snacking in between
- Schedule time for workouts and preparation of healthy food
- Don't replace real meals with snacks
- Drink more water: 2 liter spread out evenly throughout the day
Here it is important to break down the weight loss in small steps that you can stick to on a daily / weekly basis.
Tuesday, 2 August 2011
- Wear a smaller size
- Have a healthier body
- Become a faster runner
This is what I normally would have written. But let's think business - these goals are too wishy-washy. Goals need to be precise and measurable.
These are my personal goals:
- Wear a smaller size --> UK size 8
- Healthier body --> Increase blood pressure, decrease heart rate while running
- Faster runner --> run marathon in 4.5 hours
I do not know what you did at 5:00 AM but I was frying lean ground beef for breakfast. Whatever you need to do to get skinny, right? Not sure this is an activity skinny people regularly engage in, but then I have never been one if them so what do I know?
I could not actually bring myself to eat anything though. Smelling raw meet in the morning certainly does not stimulate my appetite. But at least I am prepared for lunch.
Monday, 1 August 2011
So to stop myself from forgetting why I am doing this, here it is black on white.
The reasons why I want to lose weight:
- I feel heavy
- I look thick in jeans and I can't wear certain types of fashion because of my weight
- I think people judge me because of my weight
- My face looks round and swollen
- My eating habits irregular and unhealthy
- My old jeans don't fit and I am now buying larger sizes...
I just realized all of these reasons are extremely subjective. I had to struggle to come up with some objective reasons - my clothes size. This must be why I lose motivation so quickly. As soon as something more important or urgent comes along, like work, my weight loss reasons become less important and I re-prioritize. I need to find reasons that are waterproof even in stressful situations..!
I am working from home today so I have more time for planning meals and cooking. The problem is when I am away. I have to be better prepared for stressful days so later on I will make some lunch boxes for the week with whatever is in the fridge. How many different meals you can make with spinach, zucchini, mushrooms and lean minced beef?